Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Rich, how'd ya do it :poke:

Saw the 08 fender vents on Rich's truck and it look DAMM GOOD, as does the whole truck.

Wondering the cleanest way to do this. The 08 fender has a recess there.

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
I would buy some 08 fenders then cut out what you need then cut your fender and weld everything up I think that would be the easiest way to do it.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duh :D, but I'm not going to weld on my fender.

And they are plastic, so don't they think will take a bead too great.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I would just have some of those custom 08 badges made from billet badges... you don't really need to have the recess. You could cut a whole to make them funtional...well at least for the drivers side... I don't know what good the hole would be for on the passenger side.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I liked the 3DCarbon versions better than the factory 08's...those things are huge and I didn't want any lettering on mine. I think they were about $150 shipped plus a few bucks to have painted.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
has anyone tried the 08 vent kit on www.dfuser.com. I think it is under the styling area.

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
Duh :D, but I'm not going to weld on my fender.

And they are plastic, so don't they think will take a bead too great.
The vents might be plastic but the fender isn't and what you want to do is cut a inch or two around the vent then do the same to your fender and weld it up smooth it out paint and your done.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
The vents might be plastic but the fender isn't and what you want to do is cut a inch or two around the vent then do the same to your fender and weld it up smooth it out paint and your done.
OR you could just cut out the whole for the 08 vent and pop it in

seems simpler, BUT it might be that there is no lip to hold the 08 vent in. havent looked at them yet, but i want to put some in. the idiot before i had the truck took off the 250 badges with a puddy knife and left some scars, and the 08 vent would cover them perfectly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts