Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm truly stumped, my truck has been in my shop for the past couple months and I've been using my 6.0 dually lately (moving shops). I occasionally started the 6.4, last time was about 3 weeks ago and no issues. Started it up the other day and I'm getting the following:

1. Door Ajar (yet dome lights are off when doors are all shut, and took door panels off to double check door jamb switches on all 4 doors; yet warning still continues)
2. Check Brake System (I read on here to replace the batteries. Batteries were replaced in May, 2017 but just replaced with 2 brand new batteries; warning still continues)
3. The accessory lights for my climate control are constantly on. With the keys in or out of the vehicle.

Not quite sure where else to start looking, or testing. Never had an issue with the King Ranch till this. Any help sourcing the issue would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey how are you did you find the issue? My 2008 king ranch just started doing the same thing!!
Still haven't found the issue. I have spoke with a few diesel techs that work on Power Strokes and they have no answers. Spoke with a tech at a local Ford dealership and they asked about my AC control, I did their diagnostic test and it wasn't that either. Truly beyond stumped with this! 1 tech mentioned that the 6.4's have wiring issues and asked if my cab has ever been off, but it's never been lifted off (not since I've owned it - 6yrs now).

Wish someone who has had this issue could shed some light on this because it seems everyone i ask they just shrug their shoulders.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try unplugging all the connectors on the driver fender well, inspect them and plugging them back in. When I pulled my cab and then installed everything and started the truck I was getting all this crap also. I unplugged and plugged all those back in and also my ecm connectors on the passenger firewall at the same time with battery’s still connected “I was literally over It,pissed off, ready to burn the pocket book sucker to the ground” and it fixed the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try unplugging all the connectors on the driver fender well, inspect them and plugging them back in. When I pulled my cab and then installed everything and started the truck I was getting all this crap also. I unplugged and plugged all those back in and also my ecm connectors on the passenger firewall at the same time with battery’s still connected “I was literally over It,pissed off, ready to burn the pocket book sucker to the ground” and it fixed the issue.
I will definitely have to check all the connections. I've never had the cab off but I can hear the up pipes may have a crack in them (notorious for this issue). So I will check all the connectors as I unplug them, as well as plugging them back in. Appreciate the input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts