Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

08 F250 TPMS Issues

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  treyb89 
#1 ·
All,

First time poster. I've got a 08 F250 with around 83k miles. It's got an 8 inch lift and I'm running 37 inch tires.

I just drove cross country and had two tires blowout. I replaced all four tires en route. My TPMS light was on after swapping out the tires, but I didn't pay any attention at the time as I was just looking to complete my trip before looking into it. I took the truck to a local tire place and they said two of the sensors were bad. I had them replace the sensors but they couldn't get the truck to relearn. There was one tire that kept not communicating when running the reset. However, when they checked the TPMS through the OBD II, all four TPMS were reading as they should. Also, after I left the shop, my dome light wouldn't stop flashing when the engine was on.

I took the truck to the dealership and they won't touch aftermarket TPMS sensors or the tires. I then took the truck to another shop as my check engine light came on and had the thermostat replaced. They tried to get the TPMS to reset as well and replaced the sensor again on the one wheel that we were having issues with. Again, all four are reading through the OBD but the sensor fault won't clear and the dome light is still flashing. They suggested to have the smart junction box replaced and then have it flashed.

Any ideas from anyone on here about other possibilities?

See less See more
#2 ·
Go somewhere that has a sensor tester with a display on it. Have them check all 4 sensors, make sure that the sensors are displaying the proper pressure. I work at a volume tire shop and have seen many aftermarket sensors not work. The obd unit might be showing the old sensor ID of the sensor that is no longer with the car. I think on a ford you can enter TPMS learn mode by cycling the key and pressing the brake a few times. I would manually relearn it after checking to see if the aftermarket sensors are reading properly.

#3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion...I had a local place scan the tires and they all read as they should. When we put the truck in the relearn mode, the front tires learn as they should but it still won't learn the passenger rear tire. I've got the same sensor in at least 2 tires so I know it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.