Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted in the new user section b/c I am in fact a new user. Feel free to read my concerns. I am selling this truck for one reason only...my fear of a Ford diesel. I thought I could overcome my fears but after buying my truck the anxiety has been pretty high. Simple fix....sell it or trade it. I have pictures on my drive at home so those will come later today. I'll entertain any reasonable offer. My online ad is.................

I have a 2008 F-250 Supercab Superduty Lariat 6.5 ft bed with the 6.4 L diesel engine for sale. This truck has less than 6k original miles. It belonged to an older gentleman who passed away (confirmed) then to me. It has the Lariat Leather package, 18in tires, 3.73 gearing, 5 sp auto transmission, block heater, power rear window, dual climate control, driver/passanger heated/power seats, electronic 4WD shift, power folding mirrors, upfitters, heavy duty alternator, reverse sensors, tailgate step, captain's chairs, tow command system, premium wheels, 4x4 Off Road with skid plates and two tone paint (forest green/tan). This truck is showroom quality. The factory warranty is still in force and service is up to date. Call or text 304-two zero six-5880 for more information. VIN available upon request. Images will be added soon. I am asking $36750.

If anyone out there is interested please email or txt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, Anyway, when I wrote a $37000 check for a truck then had someone tell me not to own it unless I had a warranty I got nervous. Blame it on the internet for having so much information. I have an even trade for a 2012 1/2ton that I am going to take. I'll pick up a 7.3 when I find one for farm use. I recently turned down an 01 7.3xlt with 48k. Bad mistake. I just want something that will run forever w/o all of the modding.

Thanks for all the help.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
So did you confirm that the old man was indeed the original owner?
Or did you confirm he was dead before getting the truck?
And if you are so nervous about a ford diesel, why are you getting rid of a 3 year old truck for an atleast 10 year old one?

·
Registered
196 Posts
LOL, Anyway, when I wrote a $37000 check for a truck then had someone tell me not to own it unless I had a warranty I got nervous.
If you're spending that much on a truck wouldn't you want a warranty regardless of the brand?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
7.3 vs 6.4? All I keep hearing is that the 7.3 is a god. Has anyone here had a 6.4 crap out early on? Do not get me wrong....the F250 is an excellent looking truck. I just don't want to be facing a 10-15k engine replacement bill in the next 10-20 years. This is supposed to be a multi-year service vehicle.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
10 to 20 years? Have you ever seen a farm truck (assuming that's what you'd be using it for judging by your post) after 10 years? I'd be more concerned about the body falling off first than the motor dying. Do the necessary reliability mods and you'll be good. With the 7.3's getting up their in age, you'd be nickel and dimed to death between those next 10-20 years. Also sounds like whoever this "someone" is must not run diesels too much. Regardless, good luck with the sale. You'll cut someone a nice deal on a good truck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am giving this thing two weeks before I decide. So as for now this truck is not for sale. I should have been asking questions here all along instead of where I was looking. I really like the truck. My wife likes it too. We are very conservative people who buy prefer value over fluff. I saw the truck as a excellent long term value so I spent the cash. The ford/toyota dealer here is begging for this trade since I have such low miles and mint condition. Diesels sell fast in WV. I paid 35k+6%tax/fees for $36765.5 total. About right or too much? 5yr 60k power train warranty was priced at $1500. Bumper to bumper same term for $2500. If I keep the truck which warranty???? Since I am keeping this thing for now I'd like to keep this thread running, especially welcoming input from 08 6.4 owners. I stress over making sure everything is right....I am a pharmacist so it's just part of me I guess.

·
Back in a Powerstroke
74 Posts
10 to 20 years? Have you ever seen a farm truck (assuming that's what you'd be using it for judging by your post) after 10 years? I'd be more concerned about the body falling off first than the motor dying. Do the necessary reliability mods and you'll be good. With the 7.3's getting up their in age, you'd be nickel and dimed to death between those next 10-20 years. Also sounds like whoever this "someone" is must not run diesels too much. Regardless, good luck with the sale. You'll cut someone a nice deal on a good truck.
Wait til he has to have the oil pan replaced...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Honestly I don't blame this guy. I could have got a 6.4 for the same price as my 6.0, only difference was it was an XLT and mine is a Lariat. Miles were almost the same too. Don't get me wrong the 6.4 is a beast but I passed on it because some of the repair bills you hear about are just ridiculous. $10k for a fuel system? I'll pass.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts