Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some 08 power folding mirrors to install on my 2002 F350. I know I am going to have to run some new wires and make my own harness for the signal lights and power folding/ telescoping, but instead of hooking up the mirrors to an aftermarket switch, I am considering going to the 08 door panels that already have the switches for the mirrors. Has anybody done this? I am also wondering how much trouble the windows and door locks will be since I am sure the plugs for them will have to be rewired. One other question is does it matter if the mirrors do not have the memory as far as the power fold/telescope switch goes?

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
I installed 08 mirrors and I bought a couple door panels to fit, I just cut in the new mirror switch into the factory location and moved the fower fold to the dash area. I have two panels in black/dark grey I will sell. Cant remember which side...but I have one rear and one front panel. They were new, just handling and such marks. It is a fair amount of wiring involved.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed 08 mirrors and I bought a couple door panels to fit, I just cut in the new mirror switch into the factory location and moved the fower fold to the dash area. I have two panels in black/dark grey I will sell. Cant remember which side...but I have one rear and one front panel. They were new, just handling and such marks. It is a fair amount of wiring involved.
I'm a little confused:confused: Were these 08 door panels?

With regard to your offer, thanks but I will need all four door panels.

·
Built Not BOUGHT
93 Posts
My brother owns an 08 and when he swapped his speakers out I quickly tried to fit the panels on my truck lol They will work but the wiring (obviously) is going to be tricky as the connectors are a tad different. I think some of those hooks on the back of the panel have to be shaved off as well. Check ebay for those panels and good luck as I've yet to see some rear door panels on there!

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
:eek:Yeah those were 08 panels. I just thought two you are half way to the set of four.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek:Yeah those were 08 panels. I just thought two you are half way to the set of four.
No problem. I have a line on a set of four with the power fold/telescope buttons already on them. I just have not pulled the trigger on them yet because I'm wondering if it worth it to redo all the wiring (locks, windows, etc.) and also if I will be happy with the fit of the door panel

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I bought the set of four 2008-Up Door panels so I guess I will find out

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did you figure out the connections on the new OEM power fold/telescope switch? I have been looking for a pin-out of the switch but so far have come up empty.

·
Registered
574 Posts
subscribing I want to ditch my 02 panels as well, as was originally just going to buy 05-07 XLT Sport door panels, but if you are all going the 08-12 route, I may have to go that way too!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Subbin. I have the power/fold mirrors also that I need to install. So if you one of you guys would pin it out first and post up. That would be awesome and save me a ton of time. :ford:

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Have a look around..there is a good writeup om an o8 mirror install.
Can remember where i saw it.. Maybe on .org or another ford site.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have read several write ups of people who did install them. I have not found any of them that have done it with factory switch and used a pin out for a "clean" install.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
If you get the panels in soon, I REALLY want to know how it works out and what all is involved in the swap. I'm wanting 08 panels pretty badly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you get the panels in soon, I REALLY want to know how it works out and what all is involved in the swap. I'm wanting 08 panels pretty badly.
I have wired in 08 panels into a 99 and that was a while ago but very worth the 08 panels not really to difficult if you can tackle wire, as for the fold/telescope/memory/heat mirrors has 22 pins i believe i still have the schematic for the mirrors without memory if someone hasnt posted it lmk ill throw it up..:psn:

forgot to mention the sound deadening is much better the door panels and they feel more solid, nothing special to swap over to 08 switches and mirrors, the only hairy part id say is auto folding mirrors, thats a fun one but one timed relay does the trick..

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yea a pin out of the power fold/telescop/ etc... would be great. Im not doing the 08 panels right now but do want to finish the mirror install.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts