Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, i installed my diff cover and i have a freind who wants one, but i cant remember the length and size of the bolts, can someone help me out?? I have done a search and cant seem to find it. If i could access the TDG from work, i could find it i am sure. Thanks for your help

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
All I did was go into a screw & bolt shop & showed them one of the stock ones. They figgured out the threads, I can't remember what size it was. But you'll need them at least a 1/4" longer than stock, the dealer sells them 1/2" longer than stock. But you'll pay $20 something for them at the dealership. All 12 bolts, 1/4" longer cost me about $6 at the bolt shop. :D

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Ok... so what size is the bolts???

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone know where i can find the Allen Head bolts for the diff cover separately?? i know u can get them at dieselmanor with the diff cover.. Anyone?

·
Banned
780 Posts
home depot

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Anyone know where i can find the Allen Head bolts for the diff cover separately?? i know u can get them at dieselmanor with the diff cover.. Anyone?

Got the SS ones at Fastenal... Had to buy a bag of 50 so if you need some shoot me a PM with an address and I can send you some...

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the SS ones at Fastenal... Had to buy a bag of 50 so if you need some shoot me a PM with an address and I can send you some...
Thanks Joe, i will keep that in mind. right now i have no need for them since i am in Korea. I am definitely wanting something a little different than the normal Hex head and those allen head bolts are the way to go. I will keep this in mind.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
If your looking to get rid of them I might want enough for my diff cover later when I do that. I'll try to remember you have 50!
Anyone know the best place to get the new 08' diff. cover for a dana 80?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
If your looking to get rid of them I might want enough for my diff cover later when I do that. I'll try to remember you have 50!
Anyone know the best place to get the new 08' diff. cover for a dana 80?
Ford dealership, is $179 !!!!! :eek: (I just called & checked on a 08 F350 Dually Diesel pickup)
I double checked & the 10.5 rear cover is still $46
So if you need a new cover it looks like the 08 is going to run almost as much as a Mag Tec!

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Figures, what's the $130 difference?? I got half a mind to make the 10.5 work! :D

·
Hated by All
747 Posts
Ford dealership, is $179 !!!!! :eek: (I just called & checked on a 08 F350 Dually Diesel pickup)
I double checked & the 10.5 rear cover is still $46
So if you need a new cover it looks like the 08 is going to run almost as much as a Mag Tec!
Are you so busy post-whoring that you cant even call it what it is???

MAG-HYTEC:blah::blah:

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
:hehe:
Yeah, wouldn't want to redneck it anyway!

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I need to do some post whoring to!:blah:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts