Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so I got my 08 console in the mail today and I knew it didn't come with the mounting brackets. But I thought that the brackets out of my 05 would work with it?? Now I have my interior all apart and it doesn't seem like it's going to work?? I had the 40/20/40 before...Any input guys??? Thanks

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
You need the brackets, the 08+ brackets actually bolt under the seat brackets. I've heard some guys say they just "set" the console there and it stays. I can't imagine this to be true when doing a boosted launch though...

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
No clue brotha, got mine with my console. I haven't had mine out in a while, there's no way you can mod it to fit somehow?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I would assume you could make something to work without too much work. Maybe something as simple as drilling through the floor in the 08 console and bolting it to the jump seat rails.

I have sort of an oddball setup because I built a subwoofer box into my console, but I ended up using the 40/20/40 jump seat rails to mount my console to the truck. I know the rails will line up with the inside dimensions of the console side to side, but looks like it could be tough front to back. I honestly don't remember what the stock underside looked like though.

Least just a thought if you find the 08 rails are too expensive. Oh and my console is 78lbs as you see there, and is fine during boosted launches :evil

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Least just a thought if you find the 08 rails are too expensive. Oh and my console is 78lbs as you see there, and is fine during boosted launches :evil
Good call with the jump seat rails. I have captains in mine, never even thought of it. All of your weight is down low in the console so it probably doesn't put too much stress during a launch. I was speaking in regards to having the console just "sitting there" not bolted down like someone had suggested to me. I don't see how that would stay put.

Cool setup though, I like it!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
self tapping screws.......

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
They fit with the 08 brackets, I got my 08 console off ebay with brackets and it dropped right in and bolted up. I had 40/20/40 also

·
Joe
278 Posts
When you go from a 40/20/40 to an 08 center, how much further does it sit down compared to the flip down center console. im wanting to do an 08 console just dont want to be hunched over or leaning over to rest my arm.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
When you go from a 40/20/40 to an 08 center, how much further does it sit down compared to the flip down center console. im wanting to do an 08 console just dont want to be hunched over or leaning over to rest my arm.
Mine sits considerably lower than the old 40/20/40 flip down seat did.. id say prob 2-3inches.. I bought mine off ebay though and paid 149$ with free shipping and it came with the brackets.. guess I lucked out.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Anyone got pics from going from the 40/20/40 to the 08 counsel installed. Sounds pretty cool but would like to c pics first

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Sweet man thanks. I'm kinda interested in doing this. I just wonder if it wont look right with how square the counsel is and everything else is kinda rounded

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Mine sits about 3" taller and a few inches further back but this might give you an idea,

Oh and for reference, this is with the seats pushed all the way back, the rear of the console is pretty much flush with the back of the seats, maybe 1-2" inward. I like it at this height, seems to feel pretty close to where the 40/20/40 console sat.

Cool setup though, I like it!
Thanks man :D

·
loud and long
567 Posts
I like it. Now I just Have to find one

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Try searching Ebay. There is some new take out's on there. Tried to to post a link to one, but couldn't figure out how to do it. There is a tan one I'm looking at. Cost with shipping is almost 500$. Not sure if I want to spend that much right now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jdc...your console sits up MUCH higher and MUCH further back than mine does... What year is your truck?? Mine is an 05 cc with 40/20/40 and I just took out the 20...But it turned out much different than yours man...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts