Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions on the install of one into a 2001 f350

To install it what do I need to do it like is it just un-bolt the old one and re-bolt the new one or do I need to take a seat out or what.

and what paint do I need for it to match the 2001 color?

Thanks

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
You won't necessarily have to take the seats out, but you will have to completely unbolt them and push them around. The new console bolts down sharing 3 of its 4 bolts with the seats (both front ones) and I believe the drivers side rear.

For paint you could check with any of the sponsors that sell gauge packages, since they will most likley also carry paint/dye used for a-pillar and other gauge pods for matching the truck. ITP is one that I know of, I personally used a SEM product I got through Eastwood.com when I did my console. The console comes apart nice and easy so you don't have to worry about missing a spot or taping off all the other panels to avoid overspray.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
you have to take the seats out since the console brackets go under the seat brackets plus its a good time to vaccum and clean under your seats... The 08 console uses all 4 seat bolts and you will have 2 holes left open from where the old console was. I just put the bolts back in them hole and called it a day. The paint can be bought from a sponser on here that sells gauges, its used to paint the pillar pods. I tried buying some paint from a local parts store and it didnt match at all. It wasnt even close... My interior is tan for what its worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts