Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so i bought a 08 center console. i was planning on painting it to get rid of the black front and doing something with the lid so it will tie in better and look right. anyone installed one and or modded it? post up some pictures please.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I bought mine from a member from psn. I had the gay fold down seat and wanted a lariat console. the front piece was kinda scratched so i used duplicolor interior paint to kinda match it then 4 coats of clear. wat a pain to install it. i had to almost take out both seats.

i went outside and snapped these quick.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Here is mine in an 05. Its a little taller than others since I put a 12" subwoofer in it, but otherwise just like all the others.

they come apart pretty easy too if you want for painting or anything else.

Tons of room inside of these things, a must have unless you REALLY need/want the 3rd front seat

blcksmk08 interior looks pretty good, love seeing the new trucks still with 6-speeds and the shift knob finishes it off right right. Now does the high range lever do anything?? :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Heres mine, took it apart and painted it black with duplicolor interior trim paint.. Painted mine black cause i have several interior or dash parts that are black

·
Registered
187 Posts
Where are you's getting the consoles from and what is the going price?

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did a different scheme. i want a leather top though.... the black i left on it looks better though in my opinion

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
They all look good...were did you guys get them...salvage or stealership or..I can only imagine what the stealer would charge for one.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
u can get them on ebay for about 250. tascaparts.com has them cheaper then the stealership but its still a dealership. for the two brackets was 80 bucks. i get everything from there. its all oem ford so u no its not cheap chit.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
keep an eye out on ebay and the forums and such and should be able to find one for a good deal. Pretty sure ebay had a bunch for about $180 plus a bit for the shipping. I got mine from a local guy for $80, but mine didn't come which brackets which worked out perfect for me anyways.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they do rub. with the rest up it opens and closes fine. with them down it is a pita. the arm rest are only like a inch at the very most higher than the lid. i put it down to compare yesterday after i got it in. i doubt i ever use the arm rest again. i think i could pull the arm rest and remove some of the insulation then button it back up and it would fix the issue

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Check with Manufacturers of ambulances. That is where I found mine, around 100.00. Sorry but I can't come up with the name of the place.
:whs: Thats were mine came from 169$ shipped..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do they bolt right in without any modification? I'm not a fan of the one in my 2004 F350. Also does anyone know a number or email/website for the ambulance manufacturer? Thanks

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I doubt they have anymore of them at the ambulance upfitters as the have likely gone to 2017 trucks. Its a good hunt on ebay and craigslist and the junk yards now. As to the 08+console yes it is bolt in. It requires 2 brackets that slide under the inside passenger and driver seats. The console then bolts to those brackets. It is a straight forward and easy swap with all the parts. I was very sad to see the console go when i sold my 06 this summer. I just didnt have a place or a replacement console for it. It is a great improvement over stock btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Smittybilt makes a lockable console for Jeeps but it basically a universal fit. I'm going to measure when I get home to see if it's possible. Its only $99 at Summit Racing. The dimensions on the Smittybilt is 12" tall, 9" wide and 22" long. Anything is better than the factory one IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts