Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...Happy New Year.

I am currently in the process of dropping a brand new reman 7.3 direct from Ford. While I have the entire front clip removed, I have decided on doing the '07 conversion. The lights arrived today, and I will be replacing the grill and a Ranch Hand front end replacement. I opted to purchase the lights off of eBay due to price, and the fact that they came with instructions on how to cut the panel and new pig tails for "plug and play" harnesses. My concern is the aftermarket quality of the headlights (Eagle Eye OEM replacements). I have read where people have had fogging issues with aftermarket, and that sealing them prior to install can help with this issue. Any advice would be much appreciated.
The project started two weeks prior to Thanksgiving....I am READY to get my truck back! Looking to avoid any issues after this is done.....$10k with all mentioned.
Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input on the lights.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
May want to run a bead of silicone around the edges. I will be doing that to mine when I get a chance. May want to go ahead and cut the connector ends off and solder them. About a week after putting mine in, one light kept cutting out from a bad connection.

·
2000 F250 Super Duty
98 Posts
I bought an eagle eye turn signal light for my 2000 f250 a year ago and it's still crystal clear and looks as new as when I first got it. Matches the other light perfectly too!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
My eagle eye 05 style lights haven't had an issue. A member on here had one fog up and he got in touch with the seller. Seller sent him a whole new light with a return shipping label for the old one. The directions on riffraffs website are a lot better than thrones that come with the lights. It's easier to cut the riffraff lines that the circle the light directions want you to cut. Of course even easier is to get the 05-07 header so the grille clips in and no cutting required.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the various feedback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One other question. Will an '05-'07 header panel bolt right up? I found one for $65.00. That would allow me to get the '07 version Ranch Hand and the real '07 grill and not the one trimmed version to fit the '00.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts