Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought an 07 6.0 that won’t start. I believe my oil cooler has ruptured but I wouldn’t imagine that would cause a complete no start. I hooked my scanner up to it and it had no low or high pressure oil at first, but then I replaced the aftermarket oil filter and cap with a ford OEM one, and I took apart and cleaned the low pressure oil regulator, now I have low pressure oil, and 1200 psi high pressure oil while cranking. FICM voltage is good, never goes below 47. I have ficm sync and cam and crank sync. The biggest clue I have right now is there is no injector buzz with the key on... I need to know what I should do to figure out the injector buzz issue.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Forscan can run diagnostic testing, you can go that route.
You might have air in the hop system that needs to be worked out as well.
The 1200 psi cranking doesn't seem right to me. Have you checked the ICP sensor and pigtail? How about the connections on the ficm?
A pressure test through the IPR port will tell you if you have a leak in the hop system.
A ruptured oil cooler will give you an oil-water mix somewhere, usually in the degas bottle, but it can show in the oil as well.
Remember to check the cheap/free stuff first, then diagnose before throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It fired up earlier today, I believe it’s injectors. It sounds like it’s running on 3 cylinders, and injectors are clicking weak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts