Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again! I've run into another snag along the way of tinkering with my 07 6.0. So, here is the saga in a nut shell.

Trans made noise. New trans, so I decided - well, with the drive line apart I may as well do things. So I did.

1) New trans, billet parts blah blah
2) Warren 175/stock injectors "premium spools"
3) 6.4 Banjos
4) KT DIY Turbo kit, 63mm compressor side (stock 13 blade exhaust) and housing
5) New Ford IPR
6) New Ford oil cooler ("upgraded" design)
7) All filters changed, Ford OEM.
8) Glowshift (yes, I know but I can't afford Autometer after this) electronic fuel PSI and EGT gauges
9) 4 exhaust, no cat.
10) Warren tunes (street, hot street, tow)

The truck was deleted and studded prior to my purchase. I did a Sinister blue spring about a year ago, however I was a cheap lazy ass and didn't do all the orings and such in the kit.

I did a bunch of other things, but none of them really relate to this issue....

63 PSI at idle...

33PSI at WOT from dead stop. Help. No good. I don't want to toast a $300 injector... Of course I could drive easy - but what is the point in there?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like the pump can't keep up.
I second this. You will eat up injectors quick like that. I had the same issue afyer moving to 190/30s. I went with a Marty's Never Stranded kit and have had no issues at all since.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im the 4th owner of the vehicle, would it be worth replacing the stock pump as well?

Im in a bit of a holding pattern right now, revenue is tight.. Wedding planning and such. What sorta options? 6.4 swap?

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,377 Posts
If you're replacing the fuel pump, I would only recommend a motorcraft oem pump. Of course, I would also recommend testing the pump first to be 100% sure.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts