Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 07 E-350 van for work and after reading on how they define them from the factory and all the horror stories associated with thease things. I decided to treat myself and invest in a sct livewire from innovative diesel. Bought the custom tunes to improve power and economy. Of course the extreme street is my favorite. However I noticed when cruising in 6th gear my transmission seems to make a moaning sound. Or almost the sound of cermic dinner plates rubbing together. Now I dont have much experience with automatics. But I know these transmissions are supposed to be pretty strong stock. And I bought it from original owner at 210k miles. The van is clean and well cared for. It drives great except that damn tune keeps making it act up. When I drive it hard it dosent make the noise (cant hear #### with all that exhaust noise lol) but like I said when just touching the throttle trying to sip fuel on a stretch of road or up a slight hill it just makes that sound. And it doesnt feel like it's doing my transmission any favors. And while it's happening it gets worse if I ease into the throttle. So I eaother have to let off and get into the throttle again or mash it and really change up the speed/revs. I dont understand why it's doing it. But if I switch the tunes to street or tow it dosent happen. I tried emailing Innovative diesel and they said it might be corrupted file. But I have not heard back from them. Does anyone know what it could be? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Are you 100% sure it’s from the trans and not the rear end? IMO their tunes suck I tried them with several revisions did not like them at all.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Mostly the transmission shift patterns specifically converter lock up strategy. Engine tune had a bad light switch effect for throttle input vs power they could not get rid of either

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you sure it’s not turbo pedestal droan. I have 05 F350 that I have same tunes and it has a pedestal droan under certain conditions. Actually did it stock as well. Do some internet searching good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts