Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sled pulled my '06 F250 last night, first time with this truck. Started off in 2nd gear red-lined it right away, although I backed off and held it right around 3200-3400 rpms and I sware that it even studdered a couple times in this rpm range; shifted into 3rd after a few seconds and had no problem while in the low 3000's rpm range. It sucked b/c I was really hoping to hold it at 3500. Could my Edge Juice Platinum have anything to do with this. I pulled in level 3 in order keep my egt's under control, which did great holding under 1200F the entire pull. These are the only mods to the truck; Edge Juice Platinum, full length 4 in. exhaust, EGR delete, and ARP studs. Really the only thing that I can conclude is that it has to have something to do with the Edge (such as % backdown since I hit the rev. limiter at first and was close to it the whole time in 2nd). Isn't the stock rev. limiter set at 3,650 rpm? Is the rev. limiter a soft one where is starts limiting some say for example at 3400 and then a little harder at 3500 and then the hard limit is 3,650? Maybe that's what it was. If so, it's got to go before next years pulling!

·
Registered
689 Posts
The stock rev limit is 4,000rpm. I do not go past 4,000rpm with my truck. Going another 200rpm is not worth it to me, but many feel comfortable going to 4,200rpm as the limit.

Look at this link, it about hte down fall(damages transmissions) to the edge progaming.
edge juice with attitude, no display, truck runs bad - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
You can even do a search and you will find many other discussions talking about the poor edge tuning.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
if it does hit the rev limit it actually holds it right there without any pulsations etc
I know this because my crap state makes you hold it WOT for the opacity test

I had an edge J with A I don't think it had a rev limit set on any level IIRC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts