Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mean Green
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 06 Harley Davidson truck and wen I used the defroster that morning it worked fine but later that evening I went to switch it to vents and the defrost was still on
I cycled through all my heater settings and the only one that works is defrost. Its like its stuck on defrost. Heater works good but my feet freeze.

·
Above It All
285 Posts
That is because the heater defaults to defrost when it loses vacuum. Your vacuum system has developed a leak or failed.

·
Above It All
285 Posts
If you're lucky, someone has kicked the connections apart on the pax side up under the glove box.
If you're not so lucky, the vacuum pump has failed. Not familiar with the 6.0 but on the 7.3 it was on the pax side wheel well area.
If the pump is good, it may be the vacuum relay for the front hubs. They have a habit of leaking. All easy fixes. Just take money. :)

·
Administrator
32,968 Posts
if your pump failed your ESOF will be out also so be careful if you need 4x4

the pump is on the pass side near the fan motor you can pull the hoses and see if it releases vacuum and starts to run for starters

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bringing this thread back up!

We have an '06 f350 CCLB 4x4 Dually. Its been defaulted to defrost for a while. Well, today we determined that the vac pump was bad. We replaced it and everything came back to life. I just got the call that it has now gone back to only defrost:doh::doh:...... I'm assuming that the vac pump has failed again. The truck won't be back until the morning. Any ideas of what might be killing the pump??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts