Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy i work with has an 06 6.0 that we are having some starting issues with...im thinking its the fuel filters and want to try that before i make another thread about what could be up with the starting issue...because it weird. The problem i have is i cant get the cap to turn on the main fuel filter under the hood. the square plastic deal broke and cant seem to get anything else in there. thought i would see if anybody had any ideas for me lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
Pipe wrench and be very careful when you do it don't scar up the filter body. Then buy a new cap, tell him to use the proper socket next time or buy a billet cap.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pipe wrench and be very careful when you do it don't scar up the filter body. Then buy a new cap, tell him to use the proper socket next time or buy a billet cap.
ok we will try it. i was the one that broke it and i had the correct socket on it and i put just a little pressure on it and it fell completly apart idk...but we will try a pipe wrench

·
Registered
646 Posts
ok we will try it. i was the one that broke it and i had the correct socket on it and i put just a little pressure on it and it fell completly apart idk...but we will try a pipe wrench
Crappy luck i guess, i hate those stock caps i was so happy when i got rid of mine, just remember not to tighten them too much cause they are a bitch to get off again if you do.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crappy luck i guess, i hate those stock caps i was so happy when i got rid of mine, just remember not to tighten them too much cause they are a bitch to get off again if you do.
and theres the kicker...i have never had a 6.0 always had 7.3 so this crap is all new to me but i will def remember that... but its going to get a billet cap wether he likes it or not haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts