Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had an experience with the horn going off for no reason, sticking and shorting out. i'm on my second one. it has happened twice while i am sleeping. the wiring harness on the horn itself heats up and melts. any advice would be appreciated.

·
Word
608 Posts
Has your vehicle been in an accident or have you had any work done to your airbag or restraint system ? Sounds like you have an issue with your clock spring...why it's heating up could be an issue with your restraint control system..i.e. airbag's or something or a pinched wire that wasn't found due to an accident.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no never been in an accident. i kinda thought something along the lines of the switch in the steering wheel. but what i find funny is when this happens the fuse for the horn does not blow. i'm going to contact my local dealer to see if there is any recalls.

·
Word
608 Posts
Does the horn sound one long blast or does it sound like when you hit the panic button on your key fob ? If it sounds like your panic button being pressed then you possibly have an issue with your security system...

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Try taking the airbag off and see if there are any wires squashed in between the wheel and the airbag...Unlikely if it hasn't been taken apart but it's worth a shot...
I only say this because I had this problem when I was switching the lights on my cruise control switches and I didn't pay attention to where the wires are. :doh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's one long blast until the horn gets hot and melts the wiring harness on the horn. i am starting to lean to the switch behind the air back. thanks for the info and help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts