Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had the heat not get warm, just blow cold air? I have the auto climate control. If you set the temp to 80, it will just blow cool air. Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Low Coolant, whats your coolant level in your Degass bottle. Oh and theres a search feature at the top of the page, i believe if you would use it and type in your issue, i think theres quite a few threads on this problem.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Low coolant could be the issue, but you usually still get heat while moving. Does your truck have the heater bypass valve? I would check and see if that is working. Here is a pic of it. It is the black thing with the grey line going into it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This sounds dumb but do you have auto locking hubs? If so you may have a vac leak wich will cause the heater to switch to defrost. Could be the seals in the hubs or the vac lines themselves.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Hey travis is it bad that mine doesn't stay on the little thing that it's supposed to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank's for all the suggestions, after looking into this problem, it seems that there is a problem with some sort of direct door that directs warm air in. not sure of the correct name for it. It all happened right after I dropped the temp control all the way down to 60. The next day I had it up to 80 and no heat, just cool air. It is an 06 and is still under warranty. I am going to take it in next week to have it fixed. Thank's for all the suggestion's I am new to the diesel world, and this forum really is a big help.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hey travis is it bad that mine doesn't stay on the little thing that it's supposed to?
You mean the grey line? I think if it is unhooked you will get a vacuum leak with your A/C on MAX A/C mode. Plus coolant will still flow through your heater core on MAX mode and it will not be as cool as it could.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar issue, but the passenger side climate control still works fine. It's just the driver side that only blows cold air. Coolant is fine, just had it flushed recently. All other electricals seem to work fine.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
I have a similar issue, but the passenger side climate control still works fine. It's just the driver side that only blows cold air. Coolant is fine, just had it flushed recently. All other electricals seem to work fine.
This is pretty typical. I've seen this a thousand times. The temperature blend door actuator on the driver side is bad. Book calls to pull the whole works out to change it but it can be done with 1/4 inch tools and a little dexterity. It's going to be hard to describe where it is but it's right below and to the left of the climate control console. Look behind and below the console on the drivers side. It's a little black box with a white plastic circle in it. It's held in with three 8mm screws and they are not easy to get to but it can be done without pulling the whole works. I'm sure there's pictures somewhere out in cyber space.

Once changed you'll need to do a relearn procedure for the actuator. It's out in cyberspace somewhere too. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts