Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best swap for a 6.0 that has a front bench. I know I won't have to change out the seats, but how much work should I be looking at? Anybody done this, if so what tranny did you swap to and what is the price gonna look like for the whole conversion?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Only transmission that would fit is a zf6 I'm going to be swapping in the next 3 weeks or so. From the research I have done you will need transmission, clutch, flywheel, clutch master and slave assembly, clutch pedal, transmission hump, transmission crossmember, manual trans ECM or have yours re flashed, trans wiring harness, clutch pedal sensor and possibly wiring. The only thing I am still trying to figure out is if the transfer case will bolt up. The 7.3 auto to manual requires a different input but I read that both 6.0 trans have a 34 spline output. Hope someone can confirm this for both of us.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm looking into the same thing....I'm interested as well.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
subscribed.

I'm waiting to see what you guys do with your transmission hump.

The 7.3 auto to manual requires a different input but I read that both 6.0 trans have a 34 spline output. Hope someone can confirm this for both of us.
I've read the 5R110 and ZF6 have the same spline count too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
An old thread...............but I wanted to know if any of you actually went thru with the Auto to Manual swap. I want to do this as well............I just despise anything Automatic.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Which automatic are you swapping out ? 4R100 or 5R110 ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
me2,

I have an '04, so it would be the 5R110. From what I've reserached, I've come to the conclusion it shouldn't be too difficult since the input spline is the same for the ZF6, but I cannot confirm this with absolute certainty......have you gone forward with doing this swap on your truck?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The input shaft of the tcon 04+ vehicles is the same. I'm in the middle of a conversion right now and I've heard, which I haven't confirmed yet, that a simpler way (that is if you don't want to cut and mess up your floor pan and carpet) is to get a 2" body lift on your truck and that would be enough for clearance for the zf6 transmission. Many people don't like body lifts...me included...but definitely looking into it and if it's true. Another advantage to this is that it can provide more clearance for turbo setups later on. Again, I just read this and talking to people it was recommended as an option...still verifying if its true. Mine is an 06 crew cab and I was told that some cab configurations due have the plate underneath the carpet as they came ready from Ford to have either a manual or an automatic. The only thing is that the transmission shifts back so the hole needs to be mocked and made wherever is needed. It all depends if however much you move the trans (2-3) inches is still supported by the tunnel. Had anybody heard or had this experience with an 06 cab. Many of the posts are for 03 and earlier models.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The floor pan is trans. specific on all Superduty's 99-10. I've always seen a removeable plate in the floor for a manual T-case lever, but not for stick or auto options. Going from auto to manual the floor must be modified.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts