Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Late '99 7.3
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a problem with an 06 f-350 with the 6.0. It will start fine but real bangs and misses after I have let it sit from 5 to 25 min warming up but it makes a minimum differance. When i try to drive the truck misses and bangs still with no power at all until it is driven for a few min then it warms up somemore and goes like normal. It has gotten more severe with the colder months approaching. Any ideas.

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
they don't warm up well sitting at idle for one ,, a high idle switch helps

you may want to consider plugging it in ,,

the issue you have may be stiction ??,,can you go into more detail ? does the truck shutter while driving until warm ? explain Banging? just more clanky than normal??

stiction explained in a pdf http://www.alliantpower.com/pdf/APTB-0109-watermark.pdf

·
Late '99 7.3
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it shutters and gradually smooths out while it warms up. Yeah more clanky but my neighbors 6.0 does the same thing but after 5 or 10 min of idle he can pull out and go with it smoothing up after 300 to 500 yards and it isnt even cold yet at all it does this when its 55 degrees.

·
Registered
474 Posts
mine is doing the same thing and after adding howe's diesel additive for the last couple fill ups it seems to be doing better but im thinnking its either going to need injectors or a FICM sometime hopefully after tax return season. My trusty mech that works on 6.0l psd's said it is a sure sign of needing injectors but could be the FICM. Going to let him check the FICM once i get back to va in mid december.

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
hotshots give's you more fluid and has a money back guarantee so thats what I run
but I have never seen bad post about either

·
Outlaw wrench
155 Posts
My 6l does the same thing. I will switch to synthetic oil at the next oil change and see if that helps with the stiction. I also did the high idle mod since the truck would load up and run real rough and blow blueish smoke till it cleaned out. the high idle mod helps it warm up alot faster and it doesnt load up anymore. total cost for the high idle mod was $6 for a led switch.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
Hot shot secret is a joke, had a customer that thought it was the greatest thing alive until he actually tried it. Turns out it did nothing for him on cold starts, he still had stiction. I gave him 2 bottles of rev x to try and told him he could pay me for it when he knew it worked, he gave me double the cost of what I gave him he was that impressed.

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
like I stated "money back guarantee"
and plenty of people I have read about it had great results
other than u complaining about it i have not seen a negative post by anyone who actually used it ?
I run it every once an a while as a PM and I have not had any issues

then again I am unbiased I sell neither

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check FICM voltage....2 bottles Rev-X....contribution test....replace weak injectors.

In that order until it's fixed

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Late '99 7.3
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have any of you seen this stiction problem with the 7.3 liter and if so would you suggest using an additive for them also.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i see some guys saying rev x is better and they seen no differance in hot shots which stinks cause i just ordered some hot shots! i have just a lil bit of stiction at startup and sure hope it works for me! how well do you like it???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts