Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't sled pulling, but If me in my 08 PS and my buddy in his 06 cummins tied our trucks together who would win? Also if this does happen would one truck break loose and loose or would somthing break first? He thinks he'd drag me arould the block

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
A lot has to do with tires (size and tread), engine mods, etc. Our trucks weigh more so that gives you an advantage. If both trucks are stock, I would think you would win but it also has to do with the driver. This is pure speculation though, I don't have the funds to tie my truck up to another...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
neither one has the money to break. kinda like to find out if traction or drivetrain wwould break first. both stock wheels and tires with about 50,000 mi. I just want to shut him up, he brags about his mpg after he beats me in a race.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
i think your ford would take it, you should take it.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
neither one has the money to break. kinda like to find out if traction or drivetrain wwould break first. both stock wheels and tires with about 50,000 mi. I just want to shut him up, he brags about his mpg after he beats me in a race.
So why are we having this discussion? If you can't afford to hook them up, then you'll never know.

The three things that are important to winning are: traction, hitch height, and driver skill. Notice I said nothing about weight. I've watched 1/2 ton gassers pull 3/4 ton diesels in the dirt and on the street, and it was because the winner had a good combination of those three things.

Dave

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Hold the brake let him kick the tires over and you ease into it without spinning and then proceed to carry him where you want. Your probably have the weight advantage. But there is a high risk of tearing your #### up believe me i know hahaha. But if your gonna do it, do it on the road thats the only way to see what ya got haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts