Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a 06 6.0, had 145k mi when bought it, has 160k on it now, last week it would start fine when engine was cold but if hot it would crank but no start, today it shut off while going down the hiway & cranks but no start, retrieved these codes, po2290,p2617,p0460,&p2614, is it the ficm, high oil pressure leak, or hpop itself that's the problem? Thankyou

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Sounds like you have a high pressure oil leak, time to update the stc fitting and the oil feed tubes.

·
Jig350
1 Posts
Hey I got 05 350 with a 6 litre. I had similar issues took to many mechanics they ended up all saying oil pressure issues After getting engine to workin temp and shut off it won't start for 45-60 mins. I was sick paying mechanics to guess. So I ended up adding Lucas oil stabalizer 2-3 liters and 15-40 oil,when i changed oil.I've burnt a tank of fuel and it starts when hot now. So I figure u run a thicker oil and let the viscosity do the work. It worked for mine!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
it seems you have an hpop leak but i would run some test first.. i could be wrong but i believe p2290 is for the icp sensor.. i would check it, check yr ficm voltage and if those are both good i would do an air test if you can and test yr ipr that will definatly determine whether you have a bad ipr or an hpop leak...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts