Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 06 6.0 that overheats. I have had tons of input from diesel techs and backyard mechanics and nothing is really helping! I've heard everything from cracked head to thermostat issues. I am also wondering if you have to pull the cab if cracked heads are the issue. I heard that cab pulling is only on the 08 6.4 and I've also heard that its on the 6.0's too. My truck isn't really showing signs of a cracked head. There is no fuel in the coolant. No oil in the coolant. No coolant in the oil. It just gets really hot after a few miles of driving. Its got the EGR delete. Does anyone know of anything else it could be before I take it to a shop and get taken for a ride? thank you!!!!

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,836 Posts
welcome to the forum! not sure if you've started a thread iun the 6.0 tech forum or not, but thought i'd start you off. you do not have to lift the cab to pull the heads, thought its pretty tough with cab on. lots of people do it thought!

no puking coolant from the degas bottle? if not, that's good lol! i'd bo thinking about the water pump maybe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gasser mentality:

Did you look at thermostat? They are cheap enough that you can throw time and money at. Alternative is to just pull your thermostat and drive it and see if it overheats.

I've had a few vehicles in the past that needed just a thermostat. Worth a shot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts