Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a leak in tge hp oil system wnt in replaced dummy plgs and standpipes to updated changed ipr valve, stc fitting to updated, resealed all injectors and cups.
Afterwards i pressure tested with air and its completely sealed. I let it sit pressurized for 5 hrs no change still no start. Ipr and icp is at 84.7% and 324 psi.
Could this be a bad hpop or some electrical issue? I checked fuses seem good. At a loss

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,166 Posts
Sometimes you have to crank quite a bit to get all the air out. Cranking w/ the FICM relay removed is best because excess cranking and low battery voltage can damage the FICM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it started. However after running for about 20 min got a 0261 code injector 1
And shortly after got a 2290 code any ideas?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,166 Posts
P0261 is an electrical code, so verify the injector connector is properly connected.

Sometimes you need some "spirited" accelerations to get the air out. Try 5-10 good accelerations (doesn't have to be "foot-to-the-floor") after checking the injector connector.

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
I did a whole bunch of work to my buddies truck including injectors, LPOP, front cover, STC fitting, stand pipes and dummies, oil cooler, turbo, egr delete, and some other things i cant think of right now. Took about 60 seconds cranking to get it to fire up and then had the same issue, one injector code and rough running with smoke. Mine was a contribution and cyl misfire codes. either way, it took an honest 30 min of driving it like I stole it to work the air out of the injector but when it finally cleared up its like a brand new truck now.

I was never a believer of the "it takes up to 30 min to get the air out of the injection system" and the "drive it like you stole it to get the air out" but I am now.

Plus driving it like you stole it keeps the veins clean on the VGT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts