Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just to make me even more happy with my truck while starting the install of my egr delete new oil cooler and head studs I found that there is oil in my intercooler hose that I new about and asked my dealer to check out when the truck was under warranty now at 87000 mi my turbo has .025 of play so ya it's shot not sure if ford will back me up or not but if I have to buy one what's the best way to go I don't wanna pay too much thanks

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
If you are still under warranty just have them replace it... if not, gobble up a powermax

Lots of vendors on here that sell them...sleeper is a good guy to deal w imo

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good ya that's my issue truck has been out of warranty for a while but I showed them while it was under warranty

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
What are your mods? Studs delete &?

Any tunes? It sucs dealing w all the 6.0l issues, but rest assured that you can have a good runner once you hit up the fixes you are @....just costs alot to get there

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mostly stock have a scangauge 2 and had a superchip installed for a couple months but depending on what a turbo runs my intentions were to buy a sct with tunes do the 58 mod and send my injectors out for 155 mod also in the works right now is my egr delete from sinister and oil cooler I live in northern mn

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
You have a lot on your plate.

Last year I was pretty much in the same place.

If you have the money, go nuts

If not, my suggestion would be to take it one small piece at a time (which i didn't do, i went nutz). First things first, i would make that egr delete a priority. Then i would move on to monitoring. I'm not familiar with the scangauge, but if it monitors everything like oil temp, coolant temp, fuel pressure, egt's your good.....if not, get on that

Get the truck running properly, monitor everything you can. Once that meets your satisfaction, you can start playing with injectors, fueling mods, etc....

then you can deal with transmission issues...haha.....everyone says they hold up to 500 hp....mine didn't and I don't even think i'm at that level

Of course this is all just MY OPINION. But i can't help but identify with these types of threads

·
bring the chain
1,344 Posts
you do realize that theres suppose to be a small amount of lateral play in any turbo. there has to be some play or oil cant get in the bearings... as for the oil in the boots. you will have oil in all intercooler systems that have the ccv routed into the intake pre turbo!!! as per ford tsbs its not uncommon to have a small amount of oil seap from the shaft seal either. especialy if the truck is driven hard on a daily basis... food for thought! by the systoms you have described. you have a perfectly normal turbo. fyi

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply everone I really appreciate your help. And I do understand the turbo needs play but it's got 3 times what ford says is acceptable and for the oil I pulled the bottom hose off and it's leavin a puddle on the floor so I'm thinking that's to much but the turbo is at the dealer so we will have to see

·
Registered
771 Posts
you do realize that theres suppose to be a small amount of lateral play in any turbo. there has to be some play or oil cant get in the bearings... as for the oil in the boots. you will have oil in all intercooler systems that have the ccv routed into the intake pre turbo!!! as per ford tsbs its not uncommon to have a small amount of oil seap from the shaft seal either. especialy if the truck is driven hard on a daily basis... food for thought! by the systoms you have described. you have a perfectly normal turbo. fyi
x2

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry I ment when you push the shaft to one side I don't know if a piece of paper would fit between the fins and the case

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
Get the power max then if ford isn't going to warranty it. The power max will support your upgraded 155 sticks.

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
It's too bad you weren't closer. I have an '05 turbo that I just freshly bead blasted the exhaust housing, all nine vanes and unison ring on, sitting in my garage FOR SALE.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have a turbo off an 06 that i can sell. just sitting in my garage

1 - 18 of 18 Posts