Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
sweet05
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help guys!! i have an 05 with head gaskets and arp head studs. havent done an egr delete or oil cooler upgrade yet. just the other day i went out and the truck started really hard like the batteries were dead, and when driving to work after the truck was warmed up when i slowed down and went to get back on the throttle it bucked and jerked and would not accellerate unless i put it to the floor. Any ideas? Changed the fuel filters thinking maybe they were clogged, didnt help.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
Codes?

Do you have a way to monitor the ICP and IPR duty cycle?

·
sweet05
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not throwing any codes. And no i dont have any way to monitor either of those.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would double check your oil level too. I had a truck do the same thing and it was about 1 and 1/2 qts low.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
What are you reading the codes with (or where)?

Reason I keep asking is because you can have codes without a CEL.

There are multiple things that can cause this, so it is hard to resolve without troubleshooting information.

·
sweet05
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a bully dog gt tuner to read the codes. and nothing has come up on it since it started acting up. i did test my batteries and one battery reads 12.3v and says to recharge, while the other reads 12.1v and says to replace battery. would that do f'd up things?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bullydog will not read the hidden codes bismic is talking about. try removing the bullydog first and run it in stock form. the problem might go away.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
You also need to individually load test the batteries at a shop that can put a proper load on them (greater than 100A).

·
sweet05
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well last weekend i wentto start my truck and all it did when i turned the key was click and all dash lights started flashing. put new batteries in it today and it seems to be running fine again. im hoping thats all it was, i know low batteries will raise problems with the ficm, so im guessing thats what was causing the problems.

·
sweet05
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well of course it counldnt be that simple!! it seems when the truck gets warmed up that when letting off the throttle when i go to get back on the throttle it sputters and dirty white n black smokes comes out the exhaust. but if i stand on it it comes to life and runs fine! As long as i keep the rpm's up it runs fine with no problems, u wouldnt know anything was wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts