Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
05 F350, bottom line, the engine cuts-out for about a half second, completely randomly. So when at RPMs it's just a stutter, at idle it's a stall. After the cut-out, the injectors rattle, like a fresh start. Which component is the one that actually rattles the injectors?

Replaced the ICP sensor (it tested bad) ICP is good, replaced the cam position sensor. A bunch of other stuff is fresh, less than 10000 miles on HPOP, IPR, injectors. FICM voltages are good 13ish in 46.5 to 48 out. Fuel pressure 60lbs.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
Do you have access to a known good FICM that you can try? They can fail and still have good voltages.

It would be nice to see ICP data and IPR, but it sounds more fuel related with what you have posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have access to a known good FICM that you can try? They can fail and still have good voltages.

It would be nice to see ICP data and IPR, but it sounds more fuel related with what you have posted.
No other FICM to use, I'm leaning in that direction though. ICP reading on the SCT Livewire is idling around 600 and up in the 3000's at wot.
Last night I pulled The FICM which was replaced by a shop 5 years ago. All the tabs on the plugs are broken, and they had heater hose laid between the valve cover and FICM plugs to help hold them in. So probably a harness an maybe just upgrade the FICM anyway.

Thanks

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
I believe you are on the right path!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts