Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the 05 style harley lights, and the retro solution's hid and the kit was made to adapt my headlight connection to the 05 headlight. Do i need some type of connector for the turn signal buld/ running light bulb? Do i need 4 bolts for the top of the headlights, or 4 self tapping screws? And does anybody have a pic of what i need to cut off the headlight housing or w/e, and do i have to trim the grill also or no?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. I'm also doing this swap and was wondering about the top screws.

I believe the turn signal plug is the same as the old trucks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, anyone have info on what i need to cut in order to install them, and if i have to trim the grill or not?? Heh just noticed our trucks our almost alike also lol

·
Registered
741 Posts
I currently have recon projector lights in my truck. I had to cut the header out because they are as deep as the 05's+. I took a grinder and just cut away what I could see that was blocking the light. The first light was a pain but the second was easy. You will need to drop the bumper to get the lower bolts off the headlights.

I'm going with the clear headlights not the Harley.

PAINT YOUR DOOR HANDLES! LOL

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I currently have recon projector lights in my truck. I had to cut the header out because they are as deep as the 05's+. I took a grinder and just cut away what I could see that was blocking the light. The first light was a pain but the second was easy. You will need to drop the bumper to get the lower bolts off the headlights.

I'm going with the clear headlights not the Harley.

PAINT YOUR DOOR HANDLES! LOL
Haha yea i know, i want to paint the door handles/mirrors then get the 05+ paintable front bumper! Lmao

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
Yup you really take out quite a bit fiberglass dust go's everywhere!
:whs:

I just took a black marker, made my lines like in those pictures. Used a metabo angle grinder with a cut off wheel for the big cuts and finished it off with my dremel will a little cut off wheel.

I ended up covering my motor with a sheet because dust was flying everywhere!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts