Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 f250 and wanted to do the 05-07 conversion. I looked at the threads on here and decided I was going to cut the head panel to fit 05 headlights. However after removing eveverything from front of truck I decided ordering a new 05 head panel would make for a cleaner and easier install. So, now I know the Harley-Davidson headlights will fit. My question is if my old grill and billet insert will still bolt up to new head panel? I wanted to do conversion in steps and planned on adding new grill and bumper when funds allowed. I just bought the truck. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok guys, this is where I'm at. Any info on the question I asked above? Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I think it will work. Never tried it but I know the lower mounting snaps are in almost the same location. I'd try it. Whats the worst that happens, you have to zip tie it for a few weeks?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I get out of work tomorrow I'll try and see if everything lines up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got bored waiting on new head panel so I decided to cut my head panel to fit the lights. The head panel and new grill should be in next week. In the mean time this is where I'm at.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
looks good, NO the header panel will NOT allow use of your old grille, you will have about a 1-1.5" gap between the bumper and fenders after you have to drop it down to fit. the easiest way is to do what you did until you get your new bumper. wait on everything and than install it all at once. you'll be much happier you did, and good job +1 on ordering the header panel, it makes for such a cleaner/nicer installation.

Chad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chad,

Thanks for the response. Sorry it's taken me so long to acknowledge but I have a retail store and as you can imagine during the holidays I didn't have much time to play with the truck.

Anyways, as you know I have the headlights and header panel. I have a couple more questions on how to complete conversion to 07.

I need 07 bumper, 07 lower valence and 07 grill, correct? Anything else?

Also will my fog lights fit right into new bumper set up or will I have to relocate?

I read your build thread and saw that you already did this conversion as well as the new style so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trevor

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm doing the conversion right now piece by piece like you, I posted pictures of my progress as well.

To answer your question about the fog lights > The older fog lights wont work with the 07 bumper you'll need to buy the newer style. The bolts that mount the fog lights are also different and you'll need those as well. I plan on posting all my fog light info on my post Saturday when I have time. Here's a link to my page I hope :(

2007 front upgrade - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike,

Thanks for the info. I'll check out your thread and let you know if I have any more questions. I'm on the hunt for that bumper and a new fog light set now. :rockwoot:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Dude, your truck looks pretty badass with the current set up!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cant go wrong on ebay for those they sell them cheaper with the bulbs and you don't have to pay local tax on them!

Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey TMI,

Here's a comparison photo of the old foglights next to the new ones:

The old ones are on the right!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts