Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle has a 05 f350 with the 5.4 gas job in it. he has been wanting to know if there is such a thing as a chip or programmer he can install to change his shift points in the tranny, it has never shifted right from brand new and wont hold a gear up the slightest hill. any input would be great!

·
Registered
588 Posts
My uncle has a 05 f350 with the 5.4 gas job in it. he has been wanting to know if there is such a thing as a chip or programmer he can install to change his shift points in the tranny, it has never shifted right from brand new and wont hold a gear up the slightest hill. any input would be great!
A 8500# truck with a small gas V8 is not gonna hold gears very well going up a hill. The truck is underpowered. My wife has a 08 F-250 with a 5.4 and it's fine as a mommy mobile/grocery getter but that thing is a turd.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I'm sure superchips and edge probably have chips for em, can't comment on how good or bad they might be though, but might be able to wake it up a bit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have an edge on my 06 f150 and it is very noticeable. Don't get me wrong, its not a diesel and its not a supercharger but it does help quite a bit. I read a review and they claimed almost 50hp in performance tune with premium fuel over stock.

micky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts