Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some thoughts, egr vacuum test pass. but when driving and come to a stop a puff of white smoke comes out. any imput is appreciated!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i pressure checked cooling system, no pressure increase will load. and vacuum test passes. its at anytime the truck takes off, just a lil puff of white smoke.

·
Registered
69 Posts
make sure all of the boots are tight going from turbo to intercooler. had same problem it was leaking and not boosting right. fixed problem with 10 cranks of the ratchet, mine is 2005 aswelll

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
I wonder if a turbo seal starting to go would cause this?

I have something similar going on....mine doesn't smoke till after truck is warm, no egr on mine. Temps are good, no loss of coolant, just starts to smoke a wee bit once the truck is warm. No noticeable smoke while driving....idk, been irking me a bit though

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i pulled the down pipe off and found oil, so im gonna pull the turbo off and get the exhaust housing off and inspect it. looks like it may be a turbo. threw me off cause the smoke appeared white/grayish nothing near blue. well thanks guys, i wil let ya know what the fix is.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
swapped turbo from another truck and it smoked as well. looks like its turbo time. just threw me off with the color of smoke. thanks guys!

·
Busted Nuckles
115 Posts
I think he must mean he put his turbo on another truck and that other truck smoked, just like his.

If that's not what he means, I agree he's not thinking straight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts