Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eric
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little history. Had a bad injector and replaced it in February. Test drove the truck and ran fine. Also fixed a coolant leak at the same time. Let idle to make sure there was no leak and truck died after about 2 to 3 minutes of idle. Could not figure it out. Performed air test and didn’t hear a leak. It was having the same problem as I’m having now. When I tried to actuate the IPR the wires sparked but couldn’t hear it click. Pulled the IPR and the screen was good but cleaned it anyway. Put it back together and it started and ran fine for about 2 months. Helped move my son and made 3 trips moving him to his new house. Got up the next morning to go back down there to help and my truck had a miss. Drove down there hoping it would clear up but didn’t. Stopped on the way home to eat and when we came back out the truck started but when I pulled out of the parking spot I had no throttle and it died. This weekend I put a new IPR valve in and upgraded standpipes and dummy plugs. Here are the readings I have so far. I am at a loss.
RPM - 193
ICP - 234
IPR - 84.7
FICM sync - 1
FICM - 48.5

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
Has the pump discharge fitting (STC fitting) been replaced with the updated one-piece fitting?

·
Eric
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Replaced it about 3 years ago with the upgraded one. Just looked at the wiring schematic and was wandering if fuse #22 could cause this. I'm at work right now and can't check it until about 7 pm tonight.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
You aren't going to get it to start w/ 243 psig ICP. You need 500 psig.

You could try unplugging the ICP to see if it will start.

Fuse 22 isn't going to affect the ICP reading.

·
Eric
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I unplugged the ICP and still no start. I’m worried about the HPOP. I know it’s unusual on 05 and up, but mine would be the one to do it.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
Sounds like the HPOP might be an issue if it passes the air test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts