Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM WORKING ON A 05 F-350 THAT RUNS AND IDLES GOOD BUT WHEN YOU FLOOR IT THE TRUCK MAKES MAYBE 10PSI AND DOESNT WANNA GO PAST 3K AND HOLDS 3K FOR A BIT AND DELAYS TO SHIFT INTO 2ND GEAR, NO DTCS AND VERIFIED ONLY 9PSI FLOORED WITH SCANNER READING MAP SENSOR.

NEED IDEAS!
THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OH AND THIS TRUCK DOESNT MISS OR HICKUP AT ALL WHEN FLOORED, JUST DOESNT MAKE POWER AND HOLDS 1ST GEAR, WONT EVEN DO A BURN OUT JUST HOLDS 3K AND SMOKES GRAYISH SMOKE (DIESEL) I BELIEVE.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
is it straight piped, if not id saw plugged cat, or possible hpop failure

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will eventually shift but since the motor is holding back it's delayed, I have a genysis evo, will have ford ids next week, I'm a newb when it comes to diag these 6.0s, any more ideas guys?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
what about fuel pressure?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fuel pressure at head is 50psi, and we use the napa gold series filters and chevron delo400 oil, i work at a shop that buys action vehicles and reconditions them and sells them to dealerships. this is a trouble truck.

·
Slacker
537 Posts
Check VGT solenoid for proper operation. Command the VGT to open and close and verify it works. Sounds like the PCM is commanding increased fueling and turbo operation, but the turbo isn't spooling properly.

BTW, there is no feedback to the PCM from the VGT solenoid.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so i got my ids and did the turbo performance test and im not sure what im looking at, lol. i see the vgt% increase and so do the ebp and map but not as much as the vgt does, max mgp is 10.5kpa?

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Not trying to steel the thread but my buddy has a similar problem with his 6.0 except his will spool up to 30 pounds and is it stock, no mods,I thought it used to be about 20??? I was thinking the variable turbo is stuck or not working rite, It also has no codes. I also have 45-50psi of fuel. So I'm thinking the turbo may be stuck, it also has crackle in the air inlet to the turbo when you let off the gas. I'm thinking my buddy and you have a turbo issue.

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
ok so i got my ids and did the turbo performance test and im not sure what im looking at, lol. i see the vgt% increase and so do the ebp and map but not as much as the vgt does, max mgp is 10.5kpa?
Okay, have you smoke tested the intake side and exhaust side of the system to check for leaks? If this checks out good, have you tried driving it with the exhaust downpipe disconnected from the turbo? Does it improve while driving it this way? Better yet, this truck doesn't have an aftermarket air filter by any chance does it? If smoke testing it checks out negative for leaks and the condition doesn't change when driving it with the downpipe disconnected, I'd say it's time to remove the turbo and disassemble the exhaust side of the housing for inspection. I'm surprised you're not getting any P0299 or P2262 DTCs by what you're describing.

·
Word
608 Posts
If everything around the turbo checks out then it can only be so many things....have you checked the Y pipe they are famous for cracking, VGT veins stuck ( with the IDS manually control the VGT duty cycle ) CAC Tube hose split, and I know this may sound stupid but have you removed the air filter and tried to run it up...could be as simple as a clogged air filter...don't laugh, I've seen it happen in a dealership where a guy had a F250 for 3 days and couldn't figure out the lack of power problem....and after replacing the turbo, fuel filters, Y pipe and FICM, I asked him if he checked the air filter..he laughed but it wasn't funny when he removed the air filter and it pegged the boost gauge....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have removed the air filter and had no change, that was one of the first things i have tried, no smoke machine here:doh:, i will try the down pipe removal, but wouldnt the ebp pid be high if there was a restriction? i can only get a max of 10psi on the scanner and gauge. i monitered the vgt% and it looked good just not enough boost! no codes either. i did a egr self test and it said it failed the maf test so im gonna look that up and go from there, anyone know what the test procedure is for the maf?

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
i have removed the air filter and had no change, that was one of the first things i have tried, no smoke machine here:doh:, i will try the down pipe removal, but wouldnt the ebp pid be high if there was a restriction? i can only get a max of 10psi on the scanner and gauge. i monitered the vgt% and it looked good just not enough boost! no codes either. i did a egr self test and it said it failed the maf test so im gonna look that up and go from there, anyone know what the test procedure is for the maf?
Is this an early '05 or late '05 model year? Late '05 model years don't have a MAF sensor, only IAT #1.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts