Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here carry either the brackets or the bracket kit for the 05 and up bumpers? LMC has the kit, but it's $300. seems a bit high to me, for 4 brackets and some bolts.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Do you have any junk yards around you? I ended up ordering what I couldn't pick, a lot cheaper that way.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres a couple, but they're not helpful at all. I've already called almost all in CT, and they all say the same thing that the 05 truck front ends are tricky to come by.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Which brackets?
I have the 2 large L shaped ones that go on the outside, lower ends you can have if that's what you're loking for.
I'll have to look at work tomorrow and see what the hell I did with them.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which brackets?
I have the 2 large L shaped ones that go on the outside, lower ends you can have if that's what you're loking for.
I'll have to look at work tomorrow and see what the hell I did with them.
theres those L brackets, the thin little braces and the mounting plates. I just ordered the whole front end, but no brackets, so yeah, that would help.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
theres a couple, but they're not helpful at all. I've already called almost all in CT, and they all say the same thing that the 05 truck front ends are tricky to come by.
ask them for an 06 then poke: :doh::

actually had to do that with my head gasket once for an older hd
guy said I am all out of left handed ones...how bout two rights then.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
05-07 are presumably the same when it comes to scrap yards.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I looked today but only found one of those damned brackets. I'll look more tomorrow...haven't forgotten about ya.

·
Registered
332 Posts
number 25 in the pic is frame end plates. anyone know if these need to be changed? i picked up a complete bumper, but without these.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Those are welded to your frame....reuse them.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked today but only found one of those damned brackets. I'll look more tomorrow...haven't forgotten about ya.
no problem bud. i still have some time. gonna pull the motor to do the oil pan, oil cooler and all that. when it goes back together i'll put the new front clip and some other goodies.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I know I kept it...just not sure where I saved it at. LOL

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
I know I kept it...just not sure where I saved it at. LOL
Somewhere you wouldn't forget probably. Thats usually where I put stuff I can't find.:D

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was lookin at it today - I cant use the 99 brackets that are on there, right?

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
here's what the brackets look like on the 05-07 bumper

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that helps out a lot, thanks.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Oh crap. I did find those L shaped brackets. Threw em in my toolbox...I'll send em if you still need em.
Remembered to find them then forgot about the thread. LOL

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahaha. no problems. I'm still quite a ways away from the swap. motor has to come out first for some "gasket repair". and everything has to get painted too.

the mounting plates must be different - LMC sells the 99-03 plates for $19 and the 05-07 for $69. doesn't seem like THAT big a difference between the 2 plates.

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
hahaha. no problems. I'm still quite a ways away from the swap. motor has to come out first for some "gasket repair". and everything has to get painted too.

the mounting plates must be different - LMC sells the 99-03 plates for $19 and the 05-07 for $69. doesn't seem like THAT big a difference between the 2 plates.
they are different enough though they they won't work, dunno why the price difference is that drastic

1 - 20 of 34 Posts