Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys newbie 6.0 owner. 05 6.0 stock. 176000 miles. I cleaned my turbo and put it back. Put in the blue doing kit and all seemed fine.. Today when I was driving it and after deceleration and I got back on pedal it blows significant white smoke. It’s just a few seconds and stops. Repeats with each deceleration. EOT and ECT are within 12 degrees of each. FICM stock is 46.5 - 47.5 volts. EBP 38. Turbo has no thrust issues but I do hear it bark back occasionally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had some white smoke prior but it seems worse since I put in blue spring. Didn’t notice much of a change after putting turbo back

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sounds like it might be time for a bubble test. Remove the secondary fuel filter cap and use the wire on the passenger side to spin the engine with the key off. If you have bubbles then you've got a bad copper washer and some bad o-rings on one or more injectors. If you aren't familiar with any of this, do some searches on here and on Google. It's a fairly straight-forward procedure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
white smoke can be a sign of head gasket failure, which is unfortunately common on our trucks. Do you know if your truck is studded? If it is not studded, there is an increased risk for head gasket issues. Other signs would be white stains on your degas bottle from coolant "puking" or overflow due to increased pressure. There is another "bubble test" that is different than what weatherlite is describing that can be used for HG testing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts