Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just installed a used hpop on an 05 6.0... they wouldnt buy a new one... we put about 20 miles on the truck and it ran fine... we parked it for a few hours.. drove it again and it ran like ####...we shut the truck off and it wouldnt start again....it turns over fine, FICM voltage is between 47 and 49 at all times... when u turn the engine over it builds about 290 PSI injection pressure but it levels off and wont go any higher... any suggestions guys? thanks

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
we just installed a used hpop on an 05 6.0... they wouldnt buy a new one... we put about 20 miles on the truck and it ran fine... we parked it for a few hours.. drove it again and it ran like ####...we shut the truck off and it wouldnt start again....it turns over fine, FICM voltage is between 47 and 49 at all times... when u turn the engine over it builds about 290 PSI injection pressure but it levels off and wont go any higher... any suggestions guys? thanks
Sounds like you need another good used HPOP.

·
Registered
196 Posts
being a 05 pump need to make sure it has the stc fitting replaced on the back. Ford sells it its a Flexible pipe kit. the factory stc fitting had issues causing a leak in the high pressure oil system.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
remove and inspect IPR screen, if the screen is damaged then debris is most likely holding the IPR open

Also make sure IPR connector is seated all the way and the wires are not damaged or pinched somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i apologize about the wait guys... havent had a computer for about a week.... but i appreciate the help... the screen was broke so i replaced that with a replacement kit.... that did not help... and the IPR is working properly as it show on the scanner.... 15% while sitting and 85% while cranking.. so they are just gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new pump is what i have come to... i appreciate the help everybody

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
If the screen was broken then that means a piece of debris went through there, the debris could be mechanicaly holding the IPR open, which would cause low ICP, replacing the screen would not solve the problem.
Also, 85% on the scanner just means the the PCM is commanding the IPR to close, that DOES NOT mean that the IPR is actually closing.

Apply air to the HPO system through the ICP sensor hole, remove the oil cap, with your scan tool command the IPR from 0% to 100% and listen for a change in sound, if you hear a constant hiss of air while commanding the IPR closed then the IPR is mechanicaly stuck open.

I would check this first, I'd hate for you to put a pump on the truck and it still not start due to a bad IPR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts