Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the planning stages and looking for advice from those that have swapped a common rail into a 99-07 super duty/excursion.

Which company did you use for parts? How about wiring? I think I may mix and match, the companies do several things differently that I like. Looking for other input.
Has anyone used the 6.0 AC compressor instead of the dodge?

How about tuning, the dodge is out of an AUTO, the ex is getting converted to a zf6, do I need to have the ECM reprogrammed?

Any other advice from those who have done it? The donor is an 05 CR.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Well.... a common rail what?
Plenty out there. All of the duramaxs, 6.4 and 6.7 powerstrokes, 6.7 cummins, VW diesels, etc.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I didn't specify.... cummins. Although there are a few hints thrown in there (Dodge, dodge, and 05 CR should have narrowed it down) and I would venture to guess most people know what I meant.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
My guess is that the pcm's are different between automatic and standard, but maybe a reflash will do it. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
543 Posts
There are very easy ways to do this.... all depends on what you are wanting to save from your truck.... then you need to know what dodge motor you are wanting to put in, you can save your trans and just flash it for a dodge motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts