Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
siksix0
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys getting 4 450 on the dyno on stock injectors and turbo help me out i have the mods listed below except for the ficm tuner...i put it on the dyno the other day at my buddys shop it made 343hp/660 ftlbs trq?? (disappointment)

·
matt
911 Posts
what kind of dyno is it?

·
matt
911 Posts
i got on a dyno once and the guy said i was making 350rwhp and i had a pmax and studs extreme race tune and nitrous. found out the belts in the dyno were slipping and wasnt reading right or loading up. prolly a pos dyno. jmo

·
siksix0
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no exactly sure its the real deal tho its a 3000 lb wheel and all that good stuff

·
siksix0
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na they have mustangs and stuff they built there making 7 8 hundred hp consistent.. they also do alot of diesel stuff just not sure why i only made 343 hp i was expevting around 400 rwhp

·
matt
911 Posts
mmmmm in that case idk bro? the only thing i can think of is maybe your turbo vanes arnt comming open all the way? what kind of numbers are you showing on boost and egt?

·
siksix0
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
egt not real sure i know my 05 turbo was showing right at 30 psi on the edge gauge and factory gauge

·
siksix0
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it suppose to only be 23 24 psi but it hit the boost alert on the edge and then on the factory gauge the second and third time it was on 30 psi

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
What tune are you running??

·
siksix0
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sct canned extreme race... my buddy with the same setup basically run his right after mine he made 362/766 with erics tune from id.. but i added the ficm hercules tune from php yesterday so its prob lil better now

·
matt
911 Posts
sct canned extreme race... my buddy with the same setup basically run his right after mine he made 362/766 with erics tune from id.. but i added the ficm hercules tune from php yesterday so its prob lil better now
maybe try a custom race tune idk? have you checked the amount of blow by on your truck?

·
siksix0
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i have not i only have a 100k on the truck.. how exactly do i check the blow by?

·
matt
911 Posts
take off the oil fill cap and see how much white smoke comes out. i just kinda know whats good and bad by looking but you can hook up a pressuer gauge and check it that way. but i would just eye ball it. or post a vid and ill tell you.

·
matt
911 Posts
i doubt there would me much though with only 100k

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Well since I would say both yours and your buddy's numbers seem low to me, I would either do another dyno and/or go to a track and see what you trap at for speed. That wont lie.

·
matt
911 Posts
:whs:
Well since I would say both yours and your buddy's numbers seem low to me, I would either do another dyno and/or go to a track and see what you trap at for speed. That wont lie.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Buddy of mine with a 06 and one of erics hot tunes on a sct put down 330-340ish last year on beans dyno when he was at my shop. His truck is in good running condition also. Just throwing out a comparison. :shrug:

·
siksix0
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Island thought it seemed low myself all these guys seeing close to 4 or better with the same setup except for custom tunes but I have the Hercules tune from PHP now and can tell a decent difference I'll check the blow by this afternoon and post maybe a 0 to 60 and a 1/4 run

·
matt
911 Posts
Sweet!!

·
siksix0
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I checked my blow by after driving around this afternoon it had a little white smoke not real sure what's good and what's bad.... also 0-60.2 was 6.53 seconds

1 - 20 of 28 Posts