Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Finally got around to doing this after finding a deal on em< not just need to get the switches wired up and then tackle the brake controller.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
is ythis on an 02 ??

did you do the relay box and all with the switches ??

Brake controller will be a challenge if it is in the 02

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep on an 02, posted it on the army as well.

Yeah I've got the harness and relays and everything for the controller

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, found some info on how todo the wiring for the switches. Brake controller will be the hardest, I figure if I can find out what wire does what on the harness for that then I'll be golden

·
Military Member
309 Posts
This project shouldn't be too bad provided the Data you need is on the HS CAN Bus network. You can find that at the OBDII connector. This may only be used to put messages on the cluster like "Trailer Disconnected" or whatever. You may try using it without connecting those wires as your cluster does not support that.

It looks like the 4 pin connector has Constant, Ground, Brake Output and Brake Pedal Input.

The other connector gets a little more tricky. You will need to see if the 02 models have the Brake pressure transducer which will tell the brake controller how heavy you are into the brake pedal. If your vehicle has that and the HS CAN is not needed then you should be able to do this all day. All the wiring you need is in the attached pictures.

GOOD LUCK!!

Attachments

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This project shouldn't be too bad provided the Data you need is on the HS CAN Bus network. You can find that at the OBDII connector. This may only be used to put messages on the cluster like "Trailer Disconnected" or whatever. You may try using it without connecting those wires as your cluster does not support that.

It looks like the 4 pin connector has Constant, Ground, Brake Output and Brake Pedal Input.

The other connector gets a little more tricky. You will need to see if the 02 models have the Brake pressure transducer which will tell the brake controller how heavy you are into the brake pedal. If your vehicle has that and the HS CAN is not needed then you should be able to do this all day. All the wiring you need is in the attached pictures.

GOOD LUCK!!
That helped out alot, not to just find time to work on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts