Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 5 gauges for my 06 and about to be 6. All I have for a pod is a 4 pillar pod. I was wanting to put the other 2 on the dash but....I can't find anything but a pillar pod for 05's and up. I have found dash pods, but they say 99-04. What are you guys using?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
you can do the over the mirror pod (up to 4 gauges there) After that I think you would have to get creative making a steering column pod, or lower dash pod work on your truck or coming up with something entirely custom.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can do the over the mirror pod (up to 4 gauges there) After that I think you would have to get creative making a steering column pod, or lower dash pod work on your truck or coming up with something entirely custom.
Can't do a overhead. I have a sunroof:doh: The switch and 2 lights are above the mirror already...

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
put three on your driver side pillar and three on your passenger side pillar, just a thought

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You can just cut some holes in your dash right below the instrument cluster. I think CSIPSD has some pics of those... (2) gauges would fit real nice in there.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
You can just cut some holes in your dash right below the instrument cluster. I think CSIPSD has some pics of those... (2) gauges would fit real nice in there.
I think it all depends on what options you have in the truck and such. Mine these spots are both taken up, on the left is the switch for the adjustable pedals (that I never use) and on the right is the "command center" switches to check trip, mileage, hours and other stuff just above the odometer.

If you have a manual t-case and no power sliding rear window you could put a gauge in that spot on the dash, and pull out the 12V "power point" on the passenger side and put another gauge there.

F-650 lower dash panel would open up some room for some more gauges on the lower panel as well, or change over the 05-07 lower panel to an 99-04 lower panel and add the lower dash gauge pod.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Here are some pictures... My wife has an overhead pod in her excursion with the overhead display. It fits fine. Wish I had a picture of it, but there gone for some reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the pics guys. BTW, my truck has every option, so there is alot of spots already taken up. CSIPSD, if you could get a pic with the X that has the overhead pod, that would be great.

put three on your driver side pillar and three on your passenger side pillar, just a thought
I thought of that.....but quickly ruled it outLOL

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What surprises me is that I can find almost anything for a 99-04, but not a 05-07

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I beleve the under dash pod will work on 99-07 if you dont have that little flip down compartment.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I beleve the under dash pod will work on 99-07 if you dont have that little flip down compartment.
I do...
Well I met up with [email protected] Automotive today to pick up my 4 pillar and he said the overhead will work with my truck. I just have to move it a little left...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts