Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is looking for a front end conversion kit for his excursion. I thought I remembered Diesel Power mag. putting one on an earlier super duty but I couldn't find anything on their website.

I was just wondering if anyone has any links or information about these things. Thanks in advance.

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Looks really nice, I want one! Need to add that to the list

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, sorry. I guess I should have clarified my post alittle better. I was looking for the bumper, grill, and headlight, etc, swap. Thanks for the links everyone. I will let him know.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I did it also, and retained the factory front bumper at first(now im replacing it with an 05 painted due to a small pull spot in the original bumper:badidea:. I actually just cut the stock header panel to accept the 05 headlight, cut an 05 grille to make it fit with the stock 99 bumper. I had to zip tie the bottom in since it wasnt a direct fit, but you can't tell anyways now that its done. Looks very good.

Before

After

·
Registered
806 Posts
Some nice looking trucks in this thread. I love the new grill with the old style bumper, looks really good.
I think I like the old bumper with the new front end as well, looks mean/heavy duty. Looks great. I think the tires are altering my view as well, looks great...

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
I am just starting to do this swap from a 01 Excursion looks to a 05 Excursion looks. So Far all I got is the 05 head lights installed.
Before

After

I also have the 05 PSD badges. Next is the 05 grill :D
Nick

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am just starting to do this swap from a 01 Excursion looks to a 05 Excursion looks. So Far all I got is the 05 head lights installed.
I also have the 05 PSD badges. Next is the 05 grill :D
Nick

That looks alot better right there. My father has an 01 Excursion as well and he was looking to do the same. I will have to show him your pictures, thanks.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts

I did the 05 grill on my 02.....Love it, Now I just need the 05 headlights.....How hard are they to throw in ???

·
Registered
497 Posts
diesel doy- what did you have to cut to fit the 05 grill? Is it just a little on the bottom?

Truck looks good.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
diesel doy- what did you have to cut to fit the 05 grill? Is it just a little on the bottom?

Truck looks good.
Ya just trim the bottom with a dremel tool.....Put tape down so the chrome doesnt trip.....personally Id cut it alittle big then downmill the excess for a smoother cut.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts