1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Why are you bore it that much ?

·
Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
Call Mark at Flatout gaskets. They make an MLS and will make it to whatever bore size you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you bore it that much ?
My friend has a lot of miles on his block and I'm expecting the cylinder distortion to be awful and I am expecting some nice marks in his cylinders.

I dont know if it will have to go that big but just in case.. I wanted to know if the stock gasket would accept that kind of bore 3.78". The bore on the gasket is not completely round and I am assuming that when the gasket is compressed that some material may enter the combustion chamber. I was told that some material would be ok as long as the fire ring is sitting on the block and the guys at RCD said the head was a closed chamber design so the some material will be ok also.

What do you guys think? Like I was saying it might not have to go that big but I would like to do my research just in case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well then use .030 over factory pistons and the factory overbore gasket.
I did not know they had a over bore specific head gasket for this motor. Anyone have a part number on the over bore gasket set? I know they sell the std head gasket by the bank with the stand pipe and bolts, i'll assume the overbore are sold the same way?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts