Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Let'er Buck!
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had no real experience with a 6.0 so I'm posting this for a friend.

He's got an '04 with about 64,000 miles that's been giving him some troubles lately. Around Thanksgiving it started smoking constantly a white smoke just after startup and never would go away, no matter how long he ran it. We decided to do an EGR delete kit on it after searching on the various forums resulted in in constant whiteish smoke related to them going bad and burning coolant.

Well after we changed that out, it still smoked but this time it was a dark grey and noticed the engine had a slight miss to it. Didn't hear the miss before and the smoke had no more white and was pure grey. He took it to a recommended local mechanic that ran codes and kept it overnight for a cold startup. He determined that the #3 injector was bad. Replaced it and the truck has ran great up until this past weekend.

The friend called me Sunday to say that it started missing again and it's chugging out dark grey smoke, just like before.:mad: He's beside himself cause he's figuring it's an injector again. And after what it cost to get 1 replaced, he's figuring all 8 will be a fortune.

It couldn't happen at a worse time to better people. EXTREMELY strapped for cash and an entire injector replacement is likely to take them under completely. It seems like they work their azzes off just to get to the water mark, but never completely out of water because of things like this.

ANY thoughts as to what could be causing this issue? Any simple, cheaper (MUCH CHEAPER) remedies?????

Thanks for all the help!!!:bowfast:

·
Let'er Buck!
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He took it back the mechanic on Tuesday and he says the #5 injector has gone out now.

You're telling me with all the problems you 6.0 guys have with these motors, NOBODY has ever had experience with this?????

Just cause I'm a 7.3 guy, doesn't mean you can't help a fellow 6.0 powerstroker out - THRU ME!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts