Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 with 120K on the clock and started having an issue a few days ago. I let the truck idle for about an hour, went for a ride everything seemed fine came to the first stop sign go to take off and truck has no power bucking and jerking bad. I held the petal to the floor and once it built boost cleaned its self out. ran fine for 3-4 days on the way home today, took off from a red light samething bucking and jerking, held it to the floor built boost and cleaned out again. I was thinking veins, or egr sticking. Any help would be great. I dont have a scaner and there is no cel on. Thanks again.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sounds like egr valve. Take it out, get the gasket kit from napa and clean the valve with carb cleaner and make it look like new, but dnt turn it upside down and let any liquid in the two ports on the valve.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unplug it when truck is not running leave it closed if it stops then its your egr valve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would try that but its been good for a day. It has only happen twice and each time I was at a stop. It happen on take off and it just bucked and jerked forgot to mention had a strong fule smell as well. But hold the petal to the floor and once it built boost everything was fine. I will clean the egr this weekend and see if it helps. looks like a delete is in the future.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts