Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2004 F350 4x4 Crew cab, with the 6.0 in it. To start off all my problems, a couple days ago, the ABS light came on. OK, no problems with normal braking, and everything else is working fine, so I said heck with it for now, I'll have it checked out later. Well...the next day, the speedometer quit working. Then, later that evening, I noticed when I got home and turned the truck off and removed the key, instead of staying on the normal few minutes or until you open the door, the radio turned off instantly, but then it came back on about 5 seconds later, and wouldnt turn off EVEN WHEN THE DOOR WAS OPENED. I sat there a couple minutes with the door open, and I finally heard the click and the radio shut off. Later on, when it got dark, I tried it all again, cranked up and shut back down, same problem, radio off, then back on, and stayed on when I opened the door. Since it was dark this time, I also noticed that when I shut the switch off and the radio went off and powered back up, that all the guage warning lights, such as the abs, brake, and any other written word warning lights on the cluster were glowing very dimly. This time I closed it up and went inside for about 20 or 30 minutes then went back out to check it, and the radio was still on! I unplugged the batteries, to hopefully reset something, and the terminals were perfectly clean by the way, because I had new batteries installed about 4 months ago, and then reconnected them about an hour and a half later, but the problem didnt go away. Could all these problems, the ABS light, speedo, and radio/warning light problems be related to the same thing?? Ive heard that possibly the radio timer relay was powered by the gauge cluster, so could the whole thing be the cluster going bad?? Can it be reprogrammed?? ANY IDEAS?? This is my only mode of transportation, I need it to stay in one piece! :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I noticed a couple of days ago, that my auxillary light switch was glowing way too dim, it has an on and off position LED, and the switch was off, but the light was weak. I said "hmm" and turned the switch on, and for the first time in the 8 months the lights have been on the truck, they DID NOT come on. I checked my wiring, and had all the power for the relay and switch coming directly from the battery, I wasnt going to the fuse box or anything, but if I unplugged the switch, the problem I was having as mentioned above went away. I came to find out, I had all the stuff, lights, relay, and switch grounded to the factory ground spot with the ABS module. its the ground behind the drivers side headlight, on the engine side of the core support, and has a factory green and yellow wire on it. As of right now, I just left the light switch unplugged, I havent messed with the ground yet, but when I do, and clean the ground spot with some sandpaper and reground the ABS module ONLY, that maybe, just maybe, my ABS light will go off, and my speedo will begin working again, since the speedo gets some input from the ABS system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts