Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 f350 6.0 with 175,000 on it. Started having issues with it shifting and the tow haul blinking it through codes for solenoid b and eventually all the solenoids. just recently replaced all 7 solenoids in the transmission along with both filters. unfortunately I'm still having the same issues. It seems as though the warmer it gets the worse it gets. Symptoms include hesitation when shifting into gears from Park. Sometimes will not move in reverse x as if it's fighting itself, surging and shuddering while driving, erratic shifting and extreme lack of power. I'm no Master mechanic by any means and being that it's my daily driver this issue is getting pretty frustrating any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Codes are P0601 powertrain, P0672 powertrain, P0678 powertrain, P0756 "solenoid b performance or stuck off", P2701 "Trans friction element "B" apply time range/ Ref",

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also forgot to mention every now and then it will blow blue smoke in third gear. It has always started right up and never smoked even in cold weather.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
You will get more answers and views by posting in the correct forum.

It sounds like you want a quick fix but other than tearing into the transmission I would say that you need to take it to a transmission shop to get it taken care of.

For a transmission shop recommendation check this site and see if you have a ATRA shop near you.

Find a local ATRA Member Transmission Repair Shop

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
What kind of debris was in the pan when you replaced the solenoids?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2005. Though my trans temp sensor light was on also. When I was researching the cause several forums stated that if the transmission temp sensor isn't operating correctly it will or can cause shifting issues with the transmission. Sucks to change cause you got to drop entire pan to change sensor that literally the size of your pinky finger. I'm no expert but maybe try that.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,100 Posts
How would a temperature sensor set a code for a solenoid? That doesn't make any sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts