Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question would the o rings being bad cause the injectors to leak fuel into the oil?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply ,how would I tell witch one is bad ?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Yes a bad o-ring or cracked injector sleeve (or head) can cause fuel to enter the oil. The work involved in finding the bad o-ring may be more than what is needed to change them all. Actually I do not know of a way to trace down a o-ring into oil leak. You may be able to put air into the system and look at all injectors for a leak.

·
Registered
115 Posts
not sure if it would work on our trucks but my boss adapted a weed sprayer to fit the fitting on big trucks at work and sprays diesel into the head to find it. but like said probably easier to change all of them.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,531 Posts
Yes a bad o-ring or cracked injector sleeve (or head) can cause fuel to enter the oil. The work involved in finding the bad o-ring may be more than what is needed to change them all. Actually I do not know of a way to trace down a o-ring into oil leak. You may be able to put air into the system and look at all injectors for a leak.
In many cases, you can use UV dye in the fuel to find the leak. However, a trusted 6.0L tech told me that this doesn'r really work w/ the 6.0L.

This may work:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts