Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled into a drivethrough turned off the motor to place the order. I turned the key back on and the truck would not turn over. Sounds like everything is turning on but when I turn the key I get nothing, not even a click.
The glowplug light stays on and it sounds like they are not turning on.
I have new batteries, Anyone have any Ideas??
Brandon..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I pulled into a drivethrough turned off the motor to place the order. I turned the key back on and the truck would not turn over. Sounds like everything is turning on but when I turn the key I get nothing, not even a click.
The glowplug light stays on and it sounds like they are not turning on.
I have new batteries, Anyone have any Ideas??
Brandon..
could be the glow plug switch ive replaced a couple on a 7.3 with similar issues. if its similar to the 7.3 you can jump it with a screw driver and will turn on the glowplugs. aint did to much with the 6.oh but sure they got somethin similar.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just to try it.... unplug the electrical connector to the fan (viscous fan with electric clutch). I've been told that if you run into a no run, no crank problem with a 6.0, it could be a bad fan clutch.

·
get busy livin
191 Posts
one of my friends had this same problem last week turned out to be one of the pins on the ignition switch. had to take the whole column apart to put one small roll pin in. im not saying this is your problem but it could be a possibility..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it has been starting fine. Two weeks ago I had the alternator replaced and then last week the batteries.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
could be the glow plug switch ive replaced a couple on a 7.3 with similar issues. if its similar to the 7.3 you can jump it with a screw driver and will turn on the glowplugs. aint did to much with the 6.oh but sure they got somethin similar.
just reread what u said. :doh: that wouldnt have nothin to do with that switch, could just be a starter or starter solenoid. try jumpin it with a screw driver and seein if it'll start ive seen a few of them go bad usually on dirtys though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No it has been starting fine. Two weeks ago I had the alternator replaced and then last week the batteries.
What did you ever find out? I just changed my altenator and batteries and went to store this evening came home parked it and went to leave for work and it's doing same thing as yours is

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is the starter mine is doing the same thing. I read a post about putting a 2008 starter on because it spins harder making the truck crank easier. I don't remember where I read it. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts