Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most probably know my 6.0 died again! So my plan is to part her out and drop a 12 valve in it. I am also going to pull the 5R110 and put in a ZF6 during the swap. The truck is a 04 xl regular cab with air cruise and all the other goodies(basicly a xlt but with a rubber floor and crank windows). I could probably live without the ac but want to keep the cruise. How difficult will this be? Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Shafer

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
You should have no problems getting AC and cruise working. AC works great on mine, but I haven't hooked up cruise yet. It hasn't been a big priority, but I do plan on doing it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya figured cruise should be no problem but i have heard a lot of guys had a difficult time getting the cruise to work. I am going to swap the auto for a manual as well so not sure about how the wiring may change for that.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can any of you guys point me in the right direction as to wat parts to keep off of each truck for the swap? I am in the process of parting the 6.0 out right now and will be bringing my donor truck home soon. The donor truck is a 96 dual rear wheel 3500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts