Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 04 6.0 with a 6 speed stick. The truck runs great but produces very little boost until 2nd gear. The DashBoss recorded about 8lbs at 3100 rpm just before my shift to 2nd. 2nd - 5th it cranks out 21-23lbs. No codes. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you would consider 8-10 lbs of boost normal for first gear? I’m talking 1st not L just to be clear. Even off the line with WOT?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Agreed. You would need more load/more time to develop more boost in first. If you had a heavy trailer attached you would see different results.

·
Registered
42 Posts
my 03 truck has for awhile been gutless in first gear (mine is an auto) accelerated ok in second. when it was new it had plenty enough power to spin the tires. I was ok with this as long as it performed at hwy speeds which it did until earlier this year. While I was tinkering about trying to eliminate potential boost issues I fixed the sluggish 1st gear issues when I put new o-rings on my EGR valve. My truck had been down recently an it was already cleaned and the o-rings looked ok but new ones helped. Only a $10 fix. worth a try?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts